With the festive period fast approaching you’re probably wondering what to wear to all those special occasions you have planned. Not only that but you’re probably wondering how to accessorise your outfits and what jewellery to wear. Well never fear because we’ve put together the ultimate guide on jewellery styling tips for Christmas. We cover everything from what jewellery to wear with your Christmas jumper to what jewellery to wear on Christmas day. Read on to find out more.
What Jewellery To Wear With A Christmas Jumper?
The Christmas jumper is an item of clothing that truly embodies the spirit of Christmas. Whether you opt for a bright and bold Christmas jumper with flashing lights and baubles or a sleek and stylish Christmas jumper that could just as easily be worn the whole year round, it is the ultimate way of feeling festive. But how do you accessorise a Christmas jumper? Depending on your aesthetic there are two different jewellery styling options. If you prefer to go big or go home then a pair of statement earrings or a chunky necklace is the perfect way to add some glamour to your Christmas jumper. We offer an extensive range of statement earrings and necklaces including hoop earrings, gemstone jewellery and rainbow jewellery. Alternatively, if your look is much more demure and minimal then a pair of stud earrings and a chain necklace is the perfect way to accentuate the glitz and glamour of Christmas without going overboard.
What Jewellery To Wear To The Office Party Or Zoom Party?
The office Christmas party or office Zoom party is the perfect opportunity to dress up and feel your best self. Whether you’re hitting the town or will only be visible on a computer screen from the shoulders up, this is the time to go all out and adorn yourself in silver and gold. If you’re planning on heading out this festive season then the jewellery you go for will depend on your outfit. That being said, Christmas is the perfect excuse to experiment with a new look and wear something extra sparkly. We offer an excellent range of glamorous necklaces, bracelets and earrings featuring pearls and semi precious stones such as cubic zirconia. Alternatively, if you will be enjoying the office festivities from your laptop this year then you should focus on accessorising your ears as this is the part of your outfit that will be most visible. From huggies and studs to ear cuffs, stacking sets and drop earrings there is a pair of earrings to match every taste and style. Available in both silver and gold plating and in an array of styles, lengths and shapes, your earring game will be the talk of the Zoom call.
What Jewellery To Wear Christmas Day?
Whether your Christmas day consists of dressing up in your favourite outfit or chilling in your pyjamas, what better way to make the day that extra special than with jewellery styling. Christmas day is all about spending time with your near and dear as well as enjoying the food and festivities. For this reason it's important you feel comfortable for the whole day and should keep your Christmas jewellery styling simple and elegant. From delicate earrings and pendants to simple chains and bracelets, your Christmas day jewellery should compliment your look and not over power it. This way it won’t get in the way if you’re helping out in the kitchen or playing games. Alternatively, you could always wear a matching jewellery gift set such as matching earrings and necklaces. These also make a great gift for Christmas.
What Jewellery To Wear On New Year's Eve?
Whatever your New Year’s Eve plans this year, you should shine like the star that you are. Jewellery is a great way of elevating your look and can really complete an outfit. New Year’s Eve is a time for celebration and our celestial Star Edit is the perfect embodiment of this. With silver and gold plated star jewellery featuring delicate gemstones, stylish cutouts and chunky details, there is a piece of star jewellery to compliment every look. Not only is New Year’s Eve a time for celebration, it's also a time for change and growth. So If stars aren’t really your thing, then our Nature Edit will unleash your inner goddess. Featuring sun, rainbow, flower and insect pendants, this edit will give your New Year’s Eve look a new lease of life. However you choose to accessorise your New Year’s Eve look, you should do it in a way that reflects your personality and style.
Additional Jewellery Styling Tips
In addition to our jewellery styling tips for Christmas guide, we’ve also included some need to know jewellery tips:
- Know when to stop: Although Christmas is the perfect opportunity for maximalist styling it's also important to know when to stop. Sometimes less is more and a couple of key pieces of jewellery is all your outfit needs.
- Experiment with mixing metals: Although some people prefer to stick to one kind of jewellery metal, it's now more accepted to mix and match silver and gold jewellery. Read our guide: How To Mix Silver And Gold Jewellery.
- Accessorise to compliment your style: Although we love fashion trends as much as the next person, wearing jewellery that matches your personality and style is a sure fire way of making sure you get the most out of each piece of jewellery.
- Experiment with different jewellery styles: Though wearing jewellery to match your style is important, don’t be afraid to try different types of jewellery that you may not typically wear such as ear cuffs and rings. You may just find your new signature look.
- Layer your jewellery: Layering your jewellery is a fun and easy way of mixing up your jewellery and creating multiple looks. Read our guide: How To Style Layered Chains.
- Clean your jewellery: Last but not least, it's important to care for your jewellery correctly so that you can keep it looking its best and get the most wear out of each piece. Read our guides, How To Clean Silver Plated Jewellery and How To Clean Gold Plated Jewellery.
Now that you know how to style your jewellery over the Christmas period, why not check our Gift Guide and treat your loved ones to something truly special this season.